Monday, November 19, 2007

How come I don't remember those Halloween Pranks?

Hi All!
After reading about all your Halloween exploits I have to wonder where I was at the time - I don't recall any of that! I had lunch today with Nancy (Owens) and Cliff Altobellis at Hullars. It brought back a lot of memories of cherry cokes in the breakfast/lunch side! My Mom , at 90, moved one year ago and is now in Limestone Gardens in Manlius, so I don't go through Fayetteville as much as I used to and spend a lot more time in Manlius. It was good to read your blog Sharon. Are you still in Florida, and do you like it? We divide our time between Liverpool and Etowah, North Carolina, a small town near Asheville. We really love the mountains. We spend a month in Hawaii every other winter - will try to contact Lily next time we go which will be in 2009. Besides Nancy, I am in frequent contact with Cherie Fusco Maier. We used to spend hours hanging out at Irvs Pharmacy - checking out the guys - it was amazing how long we could make a coke last!!! I remember Friday night movies at the little cinema in Manlius - watching Elvis movies! I remember when neither of our parents wanted to drive us one Friday night, Cherie and I each told our parents that the other persons parents were driving both ways thinking we were really being clever and would take the bus - unfortunately one of the parents felt so guilty that they were not sharing the driving that they called the other and we were BUSTED!!! Grounded for I can't remember how long!
Bonnie Naylor Pierce

No comments: