Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 4-5-6 TS Fay

Well it's over! Sorry I didn't get back sooner but I just had a few other things to do here that were not storm related. Thursday and Friday were wet and soggy days in Daytona. We had 4-6 inches of rain here but further inland they had probably close to 3 times that amount in the two days and very little wind damage as gusts were down to about 25-30 mph as Fay just stalled out every day and moved slightly under the cover of darkness. I went out Saturday about 7:00AM into a short duration rain and when it stopped the sun came out as it would on any other day and as I write this on Saturday afternoon, we have broken clouds and small areas of precipitation. The blue skies are a welcome sight as I have seen more neighbors today than in the past four days. Overall, Fay never did reach hurricane speed(+75 mph) but because it was so slow moving, it left more water and obviously more flooding than most hurricanes. The Melbourne area and up to the area east of Orlando had severe flooding and it will take months to recover for some. I guess that is it for the storm. Hope to hear from some of you with info to post soon. KR

No comments: